16.05.2020 – ALL ABOUT LEADERSHIP
Guest Speaker: CPA, Senior Accountant at Deloitte, Calgary
23.05.2020 – ALL ABOUT CULTURE
Guest Speaker: CPA, Finance Manager at Longbow Consulting, Vancouver
06.06.2020 – ALL ABOUT COMPETENCE
Guest Speaker: MA Economics, Financial Advisor at Toronto Dominion Bank, Calgary
CANADIAN LEADERSHIP & COMMUNICATION SKILLS
OUTLINE FOR MODULE ONE: Developing Your Business Intercultural Competence
- Learn the characteristics of a successful global leader
- Explore managing multicultural teams and diversity
- Be introduced to successful immigrant professionals as guest speakers
- Understand when diversity can become a problem and for whom
- Become aware of work style differences across teams
This module consists of 3 one-hour Saturday webinars, assigned reading, and a written project.
Each webinar will feature a guest speaker from the finance industry who will provide insights about their obstacles and success stories of transitioning into a Canadian business leadership role.